large diameter (7 inch ) escutcheon/shower faucet chrome plate

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by arianman, Apr 8, 2005.

1. arianman

arianman New Member

I need to hide a small crack in the fiberglass for the bath near the edge of the existing Price Pfister escutcheon. I am hoping to find an oversize escutcheon plate that will replace the old one. The old one is standard 6.5 inch. Its very cosmetic and I already have caulked it.

Any suggestions?
    Any kind of trim ring that I could simply stick around the existing escutcheon.

Where to get these things?
  2. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

What you might use is a remodel escucheon aka remodel plate. I know that both Delta and Moen make them and I wouldnt be at all surprised if Price Pfister does too. I dont carry PP so I cant say for sure. I've installed the Delta remodel plates on American Standard tub/shower faucets and it looked great. In addition there are generic remodel plates out there. You'll find any of these at most plumbing supply houses.

Good luck!
  3. arianman

arianman New Member

Thanks. I am planning to look at some after market stuff.
    I think Moen has 7 inch plates that should work.
  4. jdkimes

jdkimes Engineer

If you can't find one made specifically for this, you might try going to a plastic shop and getting a round piece of plastic to as retrofit escutcheon to cover the defect then put the old/regular escutcheon over it.