Lake water pump

Users who are viewing this thread

fensker

Reaction score
I have a red lion shallow well pump 1/2hp pump With the standard pressure switch.
The lake is about 85 feet from where I want to water flowers and yard
I have a 12-3 outside power box at the cabin 85 feet away. Plan to trench power to pump once I know I have a working plan. Looking at 12-2 wire to a outlet close to where I put the water pump.

If I put the pump by the lake and use a 1 1/4 inch hard plastic hose to the lake with a check value at the lake end with a filter at the very end - about 14 feet long plastic hose wired to a brick

Run a long extension cord to the pump about 85 feet away will this work?

Question 1 -----

I have tested the pump at my home within 15 feet of my garage for power with a tank of water pump. When the pump was primed it did pump water, however when I turned the water value off on the pump outlet pipe the water pump pressure switch would cycle continuously. Turn the outlet value open and the water would flow and the pressure switch would stop cycling.

So my second question is, does the water pump water always have to run when plugged in or do I need a different pressure switch? A pressure tank hooked up?

Question 2

I see pumps at lakes all the time, what is the best way to do this and can I use the pump I currently have.

Need help thanks Ron

Reach4

Reaction score
If you use a pressure switch, you should have a pressure tank at the switch. If you don't valve off the water, you could use a timer switch or a manual switch as an alternative.

I have a question for you. Is it Apple or Android that changes "valve" into "value"?

ffmurray

Reaction score
I agree, you need a pressure tank in the system, I recomend putting one in no matter what you want to to with it. When you buy it you have to make sure that the pressure in the tank is 2psi lower than the bottom set pressure dof your switch, assuming you have a 30-50 pressure switch you need to set your tank pressure at 28psi. Good luck

fensker

Reaction score
If you use a pressure switch, you should have a pressure tank at the switch. If you don't valve off the water, you could use a timer switch or a manual switch as an alternative.

I have a question for you. Is it Apple or Android that changes "valve" into "value"?
I did it on an apple Ipad

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks