Korky or Toto fill valve best?

Users who are viewing this thread

BlueMoon

Reaction score
I have seen you recommend the Korky fill valves, but have not seen you mention the Toto fill valves. They seem to have a very good rating. Some reviewers did say they wear out sooner than a Korky though. Can you please tell me which of these two you would recommend for my Toto toilet and why? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While Toto uses more than one manufacturer to supply them with fill valves, one of their big suppliers is Korky. So, the fact it says Toto on the top doesn't have much to do with it, it often is just a customized version made for them by Korky. The 'Universal' replacement is adjustable, so that they don't have to stock as many different ones.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Which "Toto" fill valve are you describing? If you mean the TSU99A.X Universal Toto Replacement Fill Valve, it is essentially the same as the Korky 528MP, and the wear parts (i.e. the parts that wear out eventually) are absolutely 100-percent identical. Both are made by Korky. The Toto valve comes with a gizmo that allows you to set the refill level properly without flushing the toilet a few times, as required by the methodology used to set the Korky. That's the only practical difference.

The design of one over the other isn't going to make one wear out faster than the other. If people are actually experiencing faster wear out of one over the other, it's going to be based on sample differences, the conditions the valve is experiencing (i.e. usage, water pressure in the house, etc.), etc. But most likely these are merely perceptions by the owner rather than actual experience data.

Regardless, they are both good valves, because they are essentially the same valve, and the 528MP with the silver cap is going to be a little less expensive than the Toto valve.

So flip a coin and pick one. They are both excellent and easy to install in your Toto. Be sure to look at the installation video for the 528MP Maxperformance fill valve on the Korky web site. (Versions other than the 528MP don't have an adjustable refill percentage, and are therefore not optimal for your Toto.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks