Kohler WaterHaven

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by angelbaby7898, Aug 21, 2009.

1. angelbaby7898

angelbaby7898 New Member

Hi,
    I'm in the process of research for our bathroom and was wanting to upgrade our shower stall. I like the fact that the waterhaven is a one piece and i don't have to do a lot more plumbing connections.

Any advice, comments... is there another brand with something similar... better?

Thanks for the help!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

While it might be a wonderful product, everything eventually needs service. Kohler is a big pain in getting parts, and on some things, I've heard they've just told people, sorry, can't help. They tend to change their designs on a whim, and their parts book is more like a telephone book, so few people carry the parts - so you are stuck with special order from the factory.

There are a bunch of 'systems' out there. Personally, I've had good luck with Grohe www.groheamerica.com, but many of the pro's prefer stuff from Delta. I'd stick with a company that doesn't change the guts of things with every new model - most of the US manufacturers and some of the European ones would qualify. When they use the same guts for awhile, you have a much better chance of finding parts locally when you need them. On some, the same valve might fit a dozen or more trims, which makes it cheaper to produce as well.

Connecting all of the bits can be daunting, but doable if you go with pick and choose configurations.