Kohler tub drain assembly

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Kerri, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Kerri

Kerri New Member

I converted my Kohler tub to a walk in shower by having the Tubcut people modify it (worked great by the way.) Now I never need to close the tub stopper because I never want the tub to fill with water.

The tub drain was very slow and so I took the overflow thing apart and pulled out the stopper control arm and found that the spring in the stopper assembly was full of hair.

Do I need that spring in there? The tub is draining fine now, and as I said, I never want the tub stopper closed. I did not put the spring/arm back because it will just get clogged again and I don't need the stopper to close.

The tub drains to a greywater system, not to septic or sewer pipes.

What could go wrong with that spring removed?

Kerri
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You only need the spring if you intend to use the stopper.
  3. Kerri

Kerri New Member

That's great news. Thanks so much for your excellent website.