Kohler Toilet colors

Users who are viewing this thread

Nancy Ratliff

Reaction score
I am trying to find the name of the color of my K-4520 toilet made in 10-13-83 so I can get a replacement seat.
Does anyone know if there is anyplace on the toilet where I might find the color number ?
It is a soft beige with a slight rose cast.
I would really like to buy some color chips to help me identify the color.

Any help would be appreciated.
Nancy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Kohler is one company that does NOT put a color code inside their toilet tanks. The best option is to take bolt cap or tank lid to a Kohler dealer and compare ti to their color samples.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I am trying to find the name of the color of my K-4520 toilet made in 10-13-83 so I can get a replacement seat.
Does anyone know if there is anyplace on the toilet where I might find the color number ?
It is a soft beige with a slight rose cast.
I would really like to buy some color chips to help me identify the color.

Any help would be appreciated.
Nancy
Sounds like Kohler's Desert Bloom. This sample is from Kohler's catalog but is slightly darker than the actual color.
Kohler Desert Bloom.jpg

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumbs Away Desert Bloom-89 shows a date of (1988-2003)

These fit the time range
Wild Rose-45 (1980-2010)
Antique red-25 (1965-1996)
Sequoia-43 (1978-1986)

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Kohler will send you paper color samples, but not "chips". 1-800-4KOHLER
I asked for Kohler color samples recently. While two were paper, Kohler sent me an actual cast iron sample of Mexican Sand.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Plumbs Away Desert Bloom-89 shows a date of (1988-2003)

These fit the time range
Wild Rose-45 (1980-2010)
Antique red-25 (1965-1996)
Sequoia-43 (1978-1986)
Desert Bloom was the closest match to what Miss Nancy described. Also, Kohler's historical research staff doesn't put a lot of stock in accuracy. In their promotional literature for the 65th anniversary of the Wellworth toilet, Kohler stated that they invented the toilet bowl siphon jet in 1963. So an error in color availability dates wouldn't be out of the question.

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok that is reasonable. I looked at the colors and thought the same thing but then noticed the dates. The dates could be off. Often I think it depends on who puts the info on the site and the data entry person may not be the person with the most knoledge. I find a lot of mistakes on websites.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks