Kohler system and valves- MasterShower or RiteTemp - which should we spec?

Users who are viewing this thread

medcaredesign

Reaction score
We are spending a small fortune on a curb-less shower and want to make sure plumbing is properly spec'd. My designer thinks I am too involved but I want to better understand the options. Some of these valve trims list at $1K each so I want to slowly consider and be able to accept the reality of what I need - and don't need. The valves aren't that expensive but the trims sure are (in brushed nickel). We have 2 wells, both with low flow, and pressure is not great. We are putting in one Mastershower handheld on a slide bar and one rain shower, probably a 10" mounted in the ceiling. She had spec'd the RiteTemp but it looks like the Mastershower valves are composed of more brass and less plastic. I also see that the hot/cold balancing on the Mastershower is controlled by wax and in the RiteTemp is controlled by a diaphragm. So, which is more durable and would give us the better performance - and is there a reason why I would definitely not use one over the other, in your opinion(s)? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks