Kohler shower valve leaking

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Terry, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Leaking Kohler faucet,
    Anyone know which cartridge for it?
    This picture sent by a homeowner.

Attached Files:

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I started to say Coralais, but the handle is not quite right, and the trim also. I guess I would need to see the cartridge, but one of the guys will probably know it right away when they see it!
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It may be the K-304 valve

[​IMG]
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

My experience has been that it doesn't make much difference. IT is often the pressure balancing unit which splits at the seam, (you can tell because there will usually be a white deposit at the point where the seam separated), causing the leak, and that is pretty much generic to all Kohler valves.