Kohler Shower Escutcheons

Users who are viewing this thread

scharft

Reaction score
Consider me a plumbing idiot. We have a Kohler Coralais model K-15143 in Polished brass with pressure balancing. The shower control plates or escutcheons (2 showers) are oxodized and the finish is coming off. Kohler no longer makes that model in Polished brass.

I want to sell the house and a complete bathroom remodel is not in the budget. I am wondering what are my options. Is there such a thing as having them re-brassed? If not, can I get any polished brass shower control and install it? Do I need a plumber to do this for me? Would I need to rip out the tile? Lots of questions and no answers.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You would need a plumber and rip out a lot of tile to install a new valve.

If there is a plating shop in your city, they could probably replate your parts.

scharft

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to hear. But thank you for your time. I'm going to look into a plating shop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks