kohler shower drain installation

Users who are viewing this thread

dkkll

Reaction score
installing a k-9135/k-9136 drain in my new shower
the rough in guide does not state the size of the whole to be cut in the subfloor
i am not sure if the flange is supposed to sit on the bottom of the 4 screw bases or on the rim around the flange

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
k-9135.jpg

Kohler Drain

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The top of the "flange" is even with, or slightly below, the subfloor/mortar preslope. Then the safety membrane is laid onto the sloped mortar base and clamps between the two pieces, usually with a bead of silicone to make a better seal.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
And it is always good to bevel the sub floor to fit the shower drain.Not just a hole cut in the sub floor.

francucio

Reaction score
The top of the "flange" is even with, or slightly below, the subfloor/mortar preslope. Then the safety membrane is laid onto the sloped mortar base and clamps between the two pieces, usually with a bead of silicone to make a better seal.
inorder to build a pre-slope mortar... How high do you set the tapered lip of flange adapter from sub floor ? 1/4 ", 1/2" , etc.. ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks