Kohler shower caukless adaptor tricks?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by T_Hartigan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. T_Hartigan

T_Hartigan New Member

Spent about 2 hrs trying to install a kohler shower drain. I cannot get the caulkless adaptor piece all the way down. I've soaped everything and just cannot get it installed.

Any tricks?

Thanks.

Tim
  2. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Is the pipe coming up through the drain vertical or is the pipe off to one side not allowing the gasket to slide down? What kinda pipe is it?
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I sometimes split off some wood to the correct size and use it as a blunt chisel to push the rubber seal down. Make sure it's flat on the end so it doesn't split or tear the rubber seal. You can tap the wood tool you made with a hammer.
  4. T_Hartigan

T_Hartigan New Member

Thanks. The PVC pipe was centered, but not perfectly square to the drain. I did use a mallet to get it down. I hope it doesn't leak as I dont want to do that again, ever.

Tim
  5. curlysir

curlysir New Member

I used a carpenter pencil and a plastic headed hammer to install the seal on my drain I installed recently. The pencil was the only thing I had close at hand and it worked. These seals are a real pain in the rear to install. I hope they are good.
  6. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

I have a trick to install those on PVC pipe........But it is classified info. Top secret. I MIGHT would share it with Terry since it is his forum.