Kohler Rialto K-3402-PB toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by rdema19403, Apr 8, 2008.

1. rdema19403

rdema19403 New Member

I have a Kohler Rialto (model # K-3402-PB) toilet and I just replaced the Cap Plunger Kit any how after I replaced it the toilet reservoir fills up but I can still hear water running If I go to the water meter you can still see the water meter running. If I pull up on the float ball a little the water stops running. Any ideas what would be causing this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ralph

2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. ron in sc

ron in sc New Member

I don't know if your Rialto is the older model that used 3.5 gallons to flush or not but if it is I'd rebuild it. I have a Rialto that I installed in 1988 and I have no complaints. I think it's gotten stopped up less than half a dozen times in 20 years. I did have to rebuild it a few years ago as just about all the internal parts were worn out or corroded.

I installed a Toto Drake in my detached garage yesterday and it was very simple and easy to install. I also installed a Toto ADA height Ultramax in our new downstairs master bedroom suite that's nearly finished.

Totos are my choice for replacement but I also like that old Rialto. The other Kolher toliets in the house are old Wellworth Lites that I definately would not recommend.

If you are going to replace your Rialto I be very interested in acquiring it, if it's the old model.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    As always the only thing wrong with the rialto is the cost of parts!

6. grazzy

grazzy New Member

the 1B1X after-market replacement is now available at Lowe's for $9.99.