Kohler Rialto K-3402-PB toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by rdema19403, Apr 8, 2008.

1. rdema19403

rdema19403 New Member

I have a Kohler Rialto (model # K-3402-PB) toilet and I just replaced the Cap Plunger Kit any how after I replaced it the toilet reservoir fills up but I can still hear water running If I go to the water meter you can still see the water meter running. If I pull up on the float ball a little the water stops running. Any ideas what would be causing this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ralph
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. ron in sc

ron in sc New Member

I don't know if your Rialto is the older model that used 3.5 gallons to flush or not but if it is I'd rebuild it. I have a Rialto that I installed in 1988 and I have no complaints. I think it's gotten stopped up less than half a dozen times in 20 years. I did have to rebuild it a few years ago as just about all the internal parts were worn out or corroded.

I installed a Toto Drake in my detached garage yesterday and it was very simple and easy to install. I also installed a Toto ADA height Ultramax in our new downstairs master bedroom suite that's nearly finished.

Totos are my choice for replacement but I also like that old Rialto. The other Kolher toliets in the house are old Wellworth Lites that I definately would not recommend.

If you are going to replace your Rialto I be very interested in acquiring it, if it's the old model.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

As always the only thing wrong with the rialto is the cost of parts!
  5. grazzy

grazzy New Member

the 1B1X after-market replacement is now available at Lowe's for $9.99.