Kohler Rialto B1100 Pressure Clean Flush-O-Meter System

Users who are viewing this thread

PaulyBoy

Reaction score
kohler_pressure_1.jpg

Hi Terry and Fellow Readers,

Thanks for being here and helping us with your website.
I'm experiencing an apparent water leak through the overflow on a 1991 Rialto. Can you send me in the right direction for a rebuild and instruction?
Serial # T92F0012

THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kohler has numerous toilets and many of them take special parts available only from Kohler. Sometimes the repair parts will cost as much as a new low flow Toto. Some of their toilets use parts that are available in any plumbing shop. I suggest you go to the Kohler site and check.

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
The Kohler Pressure Clean system is obsolete and no replacement parts or rebuild kits are available. There are no compatible pressure-assist systems that can be installed the Rialto.

Your best course of action is to contact Kohler directly (800-456-4537, http://www.us.kohler.com). Typically, they'll provide a discount coupon or credit toward the purchase of a new Kohler toilet. Unfortunately, there's no way to salvage your Rialto.

Good luck.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That was Kohlers failed attempt at building their own Pressure Assisted Tank. They saw the error in their ways and gave up switching over to using the Sloan Flushmate Tanks.

The 2 pc toilets that used the system can be upgraded to the Sloan system by purchasing a new tank from Kohler for $125 and waiting about a month for it to arrive.

The one piece toilets such as your Rialto are orphans and Scott is correct that they are offering a coupon on the purchase of a new Kohler... I believe its about $125 off if I recall correctly.

Hows that for backing their product?:mad:

Funny thing! I explain these options to my customers and they all seem to go for the other option... Replacing it with a nice new Gravity Flush Toto Toilet!
I have replaced a lot of Kohler Pressure Clean Toilets that were installed in commercial applications with Toto Drakes with no complaints. As a matter of fact after seeing how well they worked in the commercial applications many of the business owners and managers called me back to have them installed in their own homes.:D

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
One of the issues with those old Kohlers was a very bad scenario which in the submarine force we referred to as " water in the people tank ". Little Johnny's mother got very upset if he wrote home and said there was a FLOODING incident! The Kohlers were prone to breaking an attachment stud and leaking continuosly onto the floor, until you wandered into the bathroom and noticed the problem.

PaulyBoy

Reaction score
Update from Kohler:

I phoned Kohler and you are all correct with the info. Thank You. They will replace the entire toilet with a San Rafael if I pay them $150.00. My question now...is the Kohler San Rafael mechanically trustworthy? Can the factory mechanics on this hopper be repaired or replaced in the future? Are they somewhat "standardized"?

Up the Creek in PA

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
If you select a traditional 1.6 GPF gravity San Raphael, it will use Kohler's proprietary flush-valve/flapper assembly. These parts are "standardized" in that they are designed for Kohler's one-piece gravity fixtures. Kohler fixtures, and presumably parts, carry a one year Warranty.

If you select the San Raphael Pressure-Lite, it's a 1.0 GPF HET (High Efficency Toilet) equipped with Flushmate pressure-assist system. Flushmate parts are "standardized" and readily available locally, online, or from the factory. Flushmate provides a ten year Warranty on parts and a lifetime Warranty on the pressure-tank.

As with everything else, it's best to weigh your options and in the end, choose whatever suits your specific needs.

Hope this helps.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Take a look at this link! http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohler.com/ServicePartsPage.aspx?DocumentID=196b92a83b754a299a43fb9bf1923f25&ModelID=75c9ec2b38ff437b906fac59bb31aced Print it! Take it with you to the local hardware store, and ask if they have the fill valve, flush valve, & flapper. Take it with you to the local big box stores, and ask if they have the fill valve, flush valve, & flapper. Take it with you to the local Kohler dealer, and ask if they have the fill valve, flush valve, & flapper. See where this is going... Look up the prices and see what repairing this toilet will cost you.

Kohler has Raped & Pillaged you once with their outstanding product support! Did you like it enough that you want another go at it!

Personally about $150 more gets you a Toto Drake... I'd go that route!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks