Kohler refinia faucet low pressure 1.2 gallon

Users who are viewing this thread

Bbillcee

Reaction score
so I got this faucet and the pressure is terrible. Is the flow held back by the aerator on this or is there a pressure reducer somewhere?? Anyone know a way I could increase the pressure? I inquired with kohler about a different aerator they said no

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you take the aerator off and thoroughly clean it yet? You could take it off and take it to a hardware store to match it up to one that is less restrictive. When you take it off open the hot and then the cold water to blow out any debris that might be in the line before putting the aerator back on the spout.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You do not have a pressure problem. You have a flow problem. Somewhere between the supply line to the kitchen, there is something blocking the water. Very likely the aerator, but could be a valve partly closed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check the specs on the faucet you have, then, using a watch and a bucket, measure how much water comes out in a minute. I think you'll likely find that the flow is correct. All new, code-compliant kitchen and vanity faucets, along with shower-heads, are flow restricted. As said, that is volume, not pressure. The days of full-force, max flow valves is over, if you don't modify them...you cannot buy ones with more flow than what is allowed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks