Kohler overflow installation question w/ pics...ASAP please!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by zubz, May 14, 2010.

1. zubz

zubz New Member

Hi All,

I am installing a Kohler Archer tub and slotted overflow. NOt sure if anyone has experience with this overflow. It has a swivel ball construction. I am not sure if I am going about the installation correctly.

Should the hub going over the ball be "attached", meaning I should not be able to seperate them? This does not seem possible to me. Even after tightening I call put the joint apart. Is that normal?

Hard to explain...but I attached pics that hopefully helps.

Thanks
    Jason

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. zubz

zubz New Member

Manufacturer picture

Attached Files:

3. zubz

zubz New Member

One more item to add. Here is a link to the installation guide. If you notice step #3 already shows part of these pieces I took a pic of assembled, but doesn't show how it stays attached. Then if you go to the part section on page 14, it shows them not seperated, which is the way they came in the box. Any ideas??

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1069650_2.pdf
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Something has to hold the nut over the "swivel". You cannot slide the nut over it and then expect it NOT to slip back off. I would suspect that the black gasket goes between the top of the "ball" and the nut to retain it.
  5. zubz

zubz New Member

That worked. Thanks HJ. Believe it or not, your one paragraph was clearer then the instruction booklet. Thanks again.