Kohler One-Piece Toilet - Seat change

Users who are viewing this thread

Antony Francis

Reaction score
I am having a problem changing the seat on a Kohler ONe-Piece that must be over 10 years old .... This may sound very confusing to you ... :p

The oldseat was loose and when I pulled up on the hinge area, the seat just came straight out ... there were no screw nuts or anything (why it was loose, I guess!)

What is more strange is that there is no access from under neath the toilet bowl as in other models, so i cannot understand how to replace the seat and what typoe of seat to buy.

In the top of the bowl there are two holes (1/4 inch) ... but when i look down ... nothing ... inserting a thin screwdriver ... it just goes straight in ...

Inside the tank the flush mechanism seems to screw into a separation in the tank wall and i can see that water goes through there to flush ... this inaccessible area is where the two seem to go down into ...

If anyone recognizes this model, please let me know ...
Thanks
Antony:cool:

Lancaster

Reaction score
Please post the model number stamped inside the tank (K-***x).
Sometimes its on the underside and you have to get under the toilet towards the back and look up to see it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seat

That toilet had inserts in the bowl that the seat screwed into. The inserts do not come with the seat, and I do not know if they are replaceable. If they are, then you would get them directly from Kohler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks