Kohler Memoirs bathroom sink valve replacement - how to remove the bonnet?

Users who are viewing this thread

ej

Reaction score
Hi -
How do I get the bonnets off these Kohler sink faucets? My goal is to replace the valve; oddly, the hot side handle on both sinks is really hard to turn (both installed ~8 yrs ago), but the cold is just fine.

I removed the set screw from the handle and am able to pull it off. But can't get the bonnet off.

I have one sink with the faceted bonnet and one with the square bonnet. I've pulled and twisted, but don't want to break something. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm assuming that I can replace the valve from the top and I don't have to take the whole thing out of the sink....is that right? I'm also embarrassed to say that I installed these myself and can't remember for the life of me how I got them in.... I can see no other set screws.

Thanks-

Kohler part number K-432, K-454

Memoirs
http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/1104547_2.pdf

k-432-01.jpg

k-432-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Usually escutcheons like that just unscrew, or sometimes are held down with a "nut" that unscrews. Did you check Kohler's website for
installation instructions for those models?

ej

Reaction score
Usually escutcheons like that just unscrew, or sometimes are held down with a "nut" that unscrews. Did you check Kohler's website for
installation instructions for those models?

There is a nut under the sink - but yeah, I was thinking the escutcheon might unscrew from the top (although the square one I'm not so sure). I just didn't want to start wailing on it without being certain.

I'll see if the Kohler site has anything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks