Kohler Lav Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Cass, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Cass

Cass Plumber

I ran into a Kohler lav faucet that I was not able to remove the aerator from...does anyone know if there is a special tool to do this with as the aerator (plastic part) appeared to be multi sided when I inspected it with a mirror...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Sledge hammer? :D Well, that is my special tool, lol.
  3. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

A picture would be helpful... :p :D
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

No Doubt the Kohler engineers have concocted yet something else that might make their customers wait for 3-4 weeks for a special tool that is back ordered. I say this with a big helping of confidence.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

aerator

A picture might help. And a synonym for bowdlerise is "castrate", so be careful how you treat, or what you say to, moderators.
  6. theplumber

theplumber Member

The only special aerator design I can think of is the one found on Sloan or commercial faucets where u need the key with two teeth opposite of each other that fits inside the outer sleave to twist it out. Past that I haven't met many aerators in a cast brass body that my channel-locks couldn't get out.

Rule of thumb, when u see a Kohler faucet, tell them they need a new faucet made by an honest company