Kohler K-3810 Santa Rosa one-piece toilet. Pictures and Comments. Class 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler has the new Santa Rosa 1.28 GPF toilet. It comes with comfort height, which also makes it an ADA toilet with the seat. It's a compact one-piece bowl, good if you have a small space and want an elongated bowl. Install was good out of the box. I installed this at Sue's place, and it seems to be working well. It has Kohler's Class 5 flushing.

Below are pictures.

santa_rosa_taylor1.jpg

From the front

santa_rosa_taylor4.jpg

The trapway

santa_rosa_taylor5.jpg

Trip lever

santa_rosa_taylor6.jpg

santa_rosa_taylor7.jpg

Kohler's flush canister and a Fluidmaster fill valve.

santa_rosa_taylor2.jpg

With water in the bowl.

27-3/4" long front to back

Last edited:

GoKohlerGo

Brand New Plumber
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. I saw one today at L***'s and wondered what it would be like if it was installed. I have always wondered how you would replace the flush valve on a one-piece toilet if you needed to, since I don't have much experience with one-piece toilets.

Susanna

Reaction score
Hi Terry!

Can you tell me what the differences are between the various Santa Rosa's by Kohler? Are they all about the same quality now? I saw a previous thread with concerns about 90 degree turn that could cause problems with flushing. Has that been corrected on all models?

Also, I want Toto Ultramax like my last toilet, but hubby says it isn't in the budget for our new house. (It also had a problem with some splashback and it used to leave some nasty stuff at the back of the toilet that had to be wiped off.)

Lastly, I need 2 of the one piece toilets to have right hand trips. Do you know of a one piece that would have that option? If not, what 2 piece toilets might have the option?

Thanks!

Susanna

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Just look at the picture of the side of the toilet...it speaks for itself...straight across the bottom, then 90 to the drain. Now, most stuff you flush is somewhat flexible, but longer, harder deposits may just not make it around that sharp corner...everyone's different, but it certainly will slow things down - stuff doesn't like to make 90-degree sharp bends.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You're going to pay around $100 more for the Ultramax II than the Santa Rosa, but if you shop around, that's all you're going to pay. I would get on the horn to the plumbing supply places in the yellow pages, give them the exact model number you want, and horse trade a bit. Then maybe you can have your Ultramax. The II version should do better than the original at some of the things you mention, and it's ADA height, comes with CEFIONTECT as standard equipment, uses the Double Cyclone flush, and only uses 1.28 gpf so it qualifies for a Watersense rebate if they offer that in your area.

Moreover, the Ultramax II DOES offer a right-hand trip lever. The model number would be: MS604114CEFRG. That differs from the regular model number by the addition of the "R", standing for Right Hand Trip Lever (right hand as you are looking at the toilet; left-hand if you are sitting on it.) The right-hand trip lever option is only available in the Cotton White color on the Ultramax. The normal trip lever version is available in the usual 5 colors.

If you want something that has a street price similar to the Santa Rosa, you could look at the Drake II. I think it is quite stylish, and it has all the features of the Ultramax II that I mention above, except it is a two-piece and looks a little different than the Ultramax. It is one of the most popular toilets out there. CST454CEFG. It is available in a right-side trip lever version in Cotton White only for essentially the same price: CST454CEFRG. Again, you add the "R" to the model number. The left-hand trip lever one is available in Toto's usual 5 colors.

And of course the workhorse Original Drake (of which we have two) is available for at least $100 less than the Santa Rosa, works like a champ, and is available with a right hand trip lever. CST744S (1.6gpf) or CST744E (1.28gpf). The original Drake with the right-hand trip lever is available in all these colors: Cotton White, Colonial White, Bone, Sedona Beige and Ebony (black). CST744SR or CST744ER

So if you want a right-hand trip lever in a toilet in a color, then the original Drake is one great option.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler now lists two versions on their web site,
Standard height elongated
ADA height elongated.

They look to have the same parts in the tanks, and the bowl and trapway design are similar.

I had posted pictures of their old Ingenium Santa Rosa before, but that model has been replaced by the Class 5 version.

Starwarsith88

Reporter
Reaction score
This a response to gokohlergo with a question about the flush valve replacement on a one piece toilet, with a one piece toilet, you would have to do the job inside the tank. Hope that helps! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks