Kohler diverter spout problem

Users who are viewing this thread

chance

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am trying to figure out how to remove my kohler spout because the plunger thinggy on top of the spout no longer allows the water to fully go to the shower head when it's pulled up. The plunger doesn't stay all the way up anymore thus allowing the water to flow mostly through the spout and very little through the shower head. The spout does not seem to have a set screw as per the pdf dox I obtained from Kohler's web site. It does have a small 1" cutout at the bottom of the spout at the wall tile. I used a mirror to look for the screw but I couldn't find a female hex attachment for the 5/32" hex driver. I also see a stamped round fancy "AS" stamp where the hex screw is suppose to be (American Standard?). Does the spout unscrew from the pipe it's attached to? I can't seem to turn it by hand. I cleaned the bottom of the spout but I still can't find the screw or any indentation that may indicate a screw location.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chance
cneale@panix.com

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
There is two different mounting for Tub spout Threaded or copper.
With a cutout on the bottom it would normally be 1/2" copper pipe coming out of the wall and the spout is held by a set screw.
You've done what i would say to do.
Turn the spout and have the cut on the top so you can see the set screw easier.
If it is threaded on (which i don't think it is) you can turn counterclock wise to unthread.
It may be siliconed or have a lime buildup making it harder to turn. Just try a bit harder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks