Kohler Class Five flashing system

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by zzzz, Jan 27, 2008.

1. zzzz

zzzz New Member

Hi,

Anyone used this kind of toilet before? Recently, I need to remodel my bathroom and want a decent (not expensive one). I search around the net, I found out the Kohler K-3611, it fit my budget. Any one used this model or system before? Any comment?
  2. maddog

maddog Engineer

Not a pro here, just a homeowner. I put in a Kohler Cimarron about 2 years ago, and the Cimarron uses the CLASS 5 flushing system. The flush is great - similar to an airplane. It sucks the bowl content down very fast, but the water runs straight down the bowl. No 'swirl', so there may be some skid marks from time to time. I haven't had to use a plunger once with the Cimarron, so I'm very happy with that. Not sure about the model you are looking at, but hope this helps ..... oh, yeah. GO GIANTS!!
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Its a good flushing toilet... But I have one small beef with Kohler...
    They keep building new parts instead of having a basic design that works, in fact they have so many parts not even a kohler distributor would have them all in stock. In fact kohler themselves often doesn't have them in stock. Look in the tank and tell them that you want to see all the parts that go inside the tank right now. I bet they can't show them to you. If they can't I would suggest you walk away. I would hope that you have additional toilets in the house. You may need them if it takes kohler 3 weeks to send the part. Go to their service parts page. Enter flapper in the search, see how many there are... Then enter fill valve and count... Did you know many of those parts are only available from kohler?
    Kohler? Not in my house!

May I interest you in a Toto?