Kohler Class 5 problem

Users who are viewing this thread

cjk15

Reaction score
I have Kohler class 5 and it will not stop running. I've checked everything (float, flapper, etc.) but besides changing the whole mechanism, I can't think of anything else to do. I think the main problem is the float and the fact that there is not enought water coming back into the tank. Has anyone else had this problem and did you find a solution?
Thanks,

Crapper

Reaction score
Running

Also, make sure that the water level is at the proper height. There is a small adjustment screw to raise or lower the level.

Crapper

Reaction score
Another thought. My first toilet (unfortunately bought 2) would start to run after about 5 flushes. I opened the lid and noticed that the Tall Black Valve that is attached by a chain to the Flush Lever was being pulled ever so slightly in a clockwise direction with every flush. After the 5 flushes, it had rotated enough the the chain was not allowing it to drop all the way down.

There are 3 position on the Flush Lever that is inside the tank. Make sure the chain is attached to the one at the end of the lever so that it is on the center line of the Valve. I also think I shortened the chain so that it could not rotate but was still long enough to allow the Valve to seat properly. This seems to have corrected the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks