Users who are viewing this thread

hugh danz

Reaction score
cimarron_inside_tank.jpg
Inside the Cimarron tank​
well folks

I have installed both "Champion" and now Cimmarron toilet

I prefer the Kohler Cimmarron!!!

it flushes well....install is easier...$ 50 bucks cheaper...handicap height a plus

for $200. bucks...

For a new toilet Cimmarron is a great buy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Give it Time

I can't give value to your initial impression until you have used it for a year. At the same time you have posted your message, another poster on another site has said the same thing. I do accept 6'8" and 300 pounds Dunbar Plumber's statement that he has one in his house and that it takes everything that he can give it. I don't like to think about what he's giving.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had one installed in my home.
It has seen some plugs.
Bowl wash misses some of the porcelain.
I don't know how they plugged it, but they did it several times.
It is much better than their Wellworth though.
The handle feels a bit hard to push down. It could be bigger since it has to move a bigger flapper.

Most plugs are with paper. For that reason, kids seem to plug them more.

A good one is the Toto Ultramax handicap toilet

Last edited:
D

dc_homeplumber

Have any of you pro plumbers out there heard when Kohler plans to offer other models with the flushing technology (Class 5) used on the Cimarron?

wejones

Reaction score
Cimmaron-Terry really is being too kind.

I'd like to offer an expansion on some of Terry's observations. Disclaimer-These are biased comments based on my not so impressed experience with the Kohler Cimarron toilet. Yes, I am a Cimarron basher.

Plugs, you bet. Why buy an alleged high performance toilet when there are a number of flaws. One of my kids plugged it in less than 24hrs after it was installed. If you have girls like I do, there is as much toilet paper in the toilet as on the roll. Speaking of toilet paper, does anyone else buy 4 packs of 12 double rolls at a time?

Incomplete bowl wash. Why don't we say about 20 to 30 degrees worth of arc on the backside of the toilet are missed. This is along most of the verticle rise from the water line to the rim. And you only get this good of bowl washing if you hold down on the handle. I even shortened the chain a bit to get the flapper valve up off the seat sooner. Think about sitting positions and where the backside of the toilet is. What is the technological thinking here? Even if you hold the handle down to empty all of the tank, this area does not get adequate water. Who the heck wants to hold the handle down to get 70-80% (estimate) of the bowl washed? I could do better than that with my old toilet.

Construction is not very good. I just installed a new bathroom. I made sure that the tile around the toilet was brought within 3/8" of the toilet flange. The flange and the surrounding tile are level in all 8 major divisions of the compass. I put quite a bit of time to make sure that this area was level and well prepared to receive a toilet. The bowl is level front to back and side to side. The best I can get the tank is about 2 degrees from side to side. Oh I can get it level, but then it leaks slightly out the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks