Kohler Cartridge 73923-aa For Shower Faucet. Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get This?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jake stein, Oct 8, 2012.

1. jake stein

jake stein New Member

I am literally going crazy trying to find a Kohler 73923-aa cartridge for a Kohler shower faucet that appears to have been installed around ten years ago. Is anyone familiar with this cartridge and if so if they know if it has been replaced by another number or model that will still fit. I have inquired to Kohler but have yet to hear back from them yet. Any inputs would be appreciated. Thanks, Jake
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Kohler parts site lists it as "seal, housing" DISCONTINUED. Most likely it is a part for something, and now you have to buy the "whole something". You may need the model of the faucet or valve, and a call to Kohler might help
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Did you call Kohler or just send a letter? Call 1-800-4KOHLER and actually talk to someone. They will give you an immediate answer. Ten years is almost too short a time period to have parts unavailable.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

With Kohler's not-invented-here and how can we make this better philosophy (doesn't always work!), they change designs on some things quite often, and finding parts can be a major pain. Good luck.