Kohler bathroom faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Teamo

Reaction score
I have a Kohler Forte two handle bathroom faucet. I installed this faucet about 5 years ago. One of the handle shutoffs is starting to leak where the handle meets the bonnet. I cannot remember how I installed this and I cannot find the installation instructions. This is installed on a granite counter top. If I remember correctly I had to silicone the base of the handles to the granite. How do I get the handles off? I assume that there is probably a stem cartridge of some kind that I will need to replace. Do I need to go underneath the sink and loosen the bolts holding the entire assembly to the counter top or can I remove the handles without removing the whole assembly? Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the widespread lav faucet similar to this one...

kohler forte.jpg

If it has been leaking and getting wet for a while....
All I can say is good luck!
If you do get it apart and fix the faucet make sure you grease the threads before putting it back together....

Last edited:

Teamo

Reaction score
That was it. Thanks for the help. They came off easy. Now it doesn't appear to be leaking anymore. What is with that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks