Kohler Artifacts Kitchen Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler has a line of faucets called Artifacts. Here are a few pictures from a recent job.

kohler-artifacts2.jpg

Kohler Artifacts

kohler-artifacts.jpg

kohler-artifacts5.jpg

kohler-artifacts3.jpg

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Nice looking fixtures.

But I thought it was the consensus of the pros here to stay away from Kohler brand because they frequently change their designs making it difficult to get the correct parts to service/repair them after a few years.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have a very nice Kohler kitchen faucet that I installed for my mother. We've been installing more Kohler kitchen faucets lately.

Jag_Man653

Reaction score
After installing 3 (free) Kohler Fairfax kitchen faucet replacements since 2008 , I'm looking for something more reliable. The problem with the Fairfax is internal corrosion eventually freezes the swing arm. Kohler says it's a "water quality" issue, specifically hardness, even though I've always had a softener and keep track of it's performance. But one has to wonder how a first tier faucet maker could offer a faucet that has problems with hard water and not warn the customer about it.

They are now recommending a pull down model 'cuz they implement the swing function differently. Artifacts looks good. Kohler offered a 25% discount on any model less than $390.

Anything else I should be looking at?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks