Kohler Archer acrylic install question

Users who are viewing this thread

bubdifab

Reaction score
Good evening folks,

I recently purchased a Kohler Archer acrylic bathtub and I am fitting it in place to see what I need to do. I have noticed that my subfloor is uneven from side to side, where the side that screws into the studs is higher than the side the apron is. Front to back is actually pretty level, maybe 1/16" off, which can be corrected easily. I planned to set the tub in mortar and level it. My question is pretty simple. Does the apron need to rest on the floor, or can it sit above the floor slightly when it's level? I plan to tile the floor, so the space will obviously be covered by the tile, and it will be caulked when I am done. Sorry for the amateur question. I tried searching the forum and the internet pretty extensively and didn't come up with much. Thanks in advance for the help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The apron is often not touching the floor when the tubs are installed to level. The tile flooring will hide that. You can also use floor grout or caulking to help support that.

bubdifab

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you very much for the response. I figured it was alright but wanted to ask the pros.

bubdifab

Reaction score
Well I installed the tub today with the help of my wife. It didn't go too bad, minus some nonsense. Burned up my drill (piece of junk Harbor Freight) mixing the mud bed so I ended up mixing it with a stick then by hand to get it to the right consistency. Got the tub in place and connected my plumbing only to have the magnet on my flashlight pull a FULL bottle of pvc glue which tipped over and spilled all over my kids' closet. Leveling it wasn't too bad though and the mud bed worked like a charm to help. Thanks for the reassurance on the apron not being flush on the ground, Terry. You run an awesome forum!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks