Kohler Adair vs Cimarron 1 piece toilets.

Users who are viewing this thread

lindseybp

Reaction score
We are adding a small powder room on our first floor and trying to decide on a toilet. We are down to deciding between the Kohler Adair and the Kohler Cimarron, both in the one piece, 1.28gpf....never had one of these 1.28gpf toilets but I'm assuming they are fine. Outside of the aesthetic differences the main functional differences seem to be these: the Adair has "class 5" flushing technology. The Cimarron has "Aqua piston" flush technology. Is one of these better than the other? Also it looks like the Adair has >=1000map and the Cimarron has >=800map. I don't know if this makes any difference as I am not that familiar with the "map" definition. We have considered a Toto but have not been able to see that many in person. We did see a Vespin 2 and another one or two at a supply store, I think one had the "dual cyclone" flush technology. Realistically would there be much of a difference between the two Kohlers we are looking at and a Toto? Ideally I want something that won't clog easily and is fairly quiet as the powder room is very close to where people will be. Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

adair-k3946-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Except for one individual that frequents this forum, most of us prefer the Toto toilets. The Vespin is an excellent model, and Dual Cyclone flush is outstanding. Mapp ratings are very overrated. It's like horsepower in automobiles, after a certain point, more becomes just hype. A clogged Toto is almost unheard of. Most of us Toto owners don't even have a plunger. Kohler's flush technology has been changed so many times, it's impossible to keep up. Seems to me, if they ever had a good one, they'd stay with it. Toto uses off the shelf parts, so when replacement is necessary, any hardware store or plumbing shop has them. All low flush toilets tend to make a bit of noise when flushed since rapid release of the tank water is necessary to accomplish the flush. However, the noise is brief because of the relatively small amount of water involved. Pressure assisted toilets are the exception because of the extreme pressure involved. (Toto does not make a pressure assist toilet)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The two Kohler models mentioned will work. I give an edge to the TOTO II series.
But any of these will be better than previous bowls you have used.
The two Kohler models are pretty similar. In this case, it's a matter of picking a style you like when the decision is that close between the two.

lindseybp

Reaction score
Reconsidering Kohler and strongly considering Toto Vespin II. Is that a good choice for a Toto?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Absolutely. If you have a standard 12" rough-in, its sister toilet, the Drake II (model no. cst454cefg), has the same tank and same bowl, with the exception that the bowl on the Vespin II is "skirted" (i.e. the trapway is covered) and the Drake II is not. The Drake II is a little less-expensive. Because of its performance, quality, and appearance, the Drake II is one of Toto's most popular toilets. The Vespin II will perform the same.

Drake II:
cst454_zoom.jpg

Vespin II:
cst474_angle.jpg

Last edited:

lindseybp

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the help. Wife likes skirted so we went ahead and purchased a vespin II today and are having it installed this week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks