Kohler 1131486 Deep Rough-In Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler makes a deep rough-in kit for some of their faucets. Sometimes the counters are too thick, or sometimes in this case, the counter installers will have placed their holes too close to the undermount lavs. The 1131486 kit allows you some options.

deep-rough-in-1131486.jpg

Kohler Deep Roung-In Kit 1131486

Normally you can install using the parts that come with the faucet.

deep-rough-in-3.jpg

This was close, but it worked.

deep-rough-in-1.jpg

The next bathroom was too close for the standard parts to work.

deep-rough-in-2.jpg

Even looking down, you could see that the lav was in the way. In this case I picked up a diamond hole saw and cut out the hole better.

deep-rough-in-4.jpg

To make this work, I cut a portion of the large washer, but it worked.
I had asked the counter installers for more space, but they insisted that all plumbers had to shim when they were done. In this case shimming was impossible. The extended threading of the adapters allowed it to work.

Erico

Reaction score
Nice. My buddy could have used that a couple months ago. Between the oversized undermount porcelain sink, IKEA cabinet and the framing for the oversized sink, his very expensive (that robot arm looking thing) Kohler faucet barely fit. There were some tense moments when the quartz installer ran his diamond hole saw through again to nick the edge of the sink off.

And the plumber griped a little but made it work. Not sure how he shimmed it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks