Kofk Champlain Toilet Seat

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jjones, Jan 23, 2006.

1. jjones

jjones New Member

My cleaning lady broke my 30 year old toilet seat and I can't find a replacement anywhere. The seat itself says "Kohler Champlain" on it and it is elongated. Some supplly warehouses have told me that it's a Kohler seat although I don't see that anywhere on the seat or toilet. The toilet has only one mark which is a "K" on it. I've searched many websites and called some warehouses only to hear that I cannot find a seat to fit this toilet. Can you offer any advice? PS - The toilet is low and the seat bolts mount inside the tank. Thanks!

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/kohlerchamp.pdf
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Johnl

Johnl New Member

Kohler it is.

Yes, this is a Kohler toilet seat. I don't know the exact reason, but Kohler used K of K (for Kohler of Kohler, Wisconsin, I beleive) during the '50s and '60s.

If you do a search for Kohler Champlain Toilet seat in Google you should find several sources or replacements.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

kohler

Your "K" is really two K's one superimposed on the other to create the KofK logo Kohler uses. Contact them for a possible replacement. That seat had a couple of ideosyncrasies such as a deodorant block that fit into the recess between the bolts.

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/kohlerchamp.pdf
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  4. nealssheepdog

nealssheepdog New Member

I think I need the same seat too,, any luck?

This sounds like the seat I need. Just bought a home and one toilet had no seat..[/I]
  5. Gary Tjader

Gary Tjader New Member

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Do an Internet search for K-4691. There are many places that sell them but be prepared for "sticker shock" because they will run between $150.00 and $200.00.