Know of any 60x30" Bathtub with 15" rough-in for drain?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jcpcac, Mar 5, 2006.

1. jcpcac

jcpcac New Member

I am remodeling. My current drain is 15in on-center from the wall. My prior tub was 60x30x14. I currently have ceramic tile butted to the tub. So I need the exact tub dimension (60x30) with and drain-rough of 15 in.

My problem is the current drain... The drain outlet (15" from the wall) is butted to the i-beam (Silent flooring), so I can't reposition the drain to less than 15 in from the wall. I don't want to break the ceramic and the mud underneath it. I already did the water plumbing fixtures to be 15" on center.

I bought the Amercian Standard Princeton bathtub and the rough-in is 14 3/8". I need to return that b/c I can't move my drain.

I don't want a cast iron due to its back-breaking lift to the second floor. Does anyone know of a standard tub (60x30) with a 15" roughin from the wall? Steel? Acrylic? etc? Pluses or minuses? Do I need to lay a bed?

Thanks... I need help..
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tub

Keep the Princeton. Use a Watco, or similar push/pull stopper drain, with 1 1/2" schedule 40 sockets and you can angle from the tee at 15" to the tub drain at 14 3/8". Then use street, or regular 1/16 or 1/8 bends to line the overflow up with the tee. Then move the water and valve back to 14 3/8" centers. If you cannot do it, any good plumber can.