knocking pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

mynewoldhouse

Reaction score
Website
www.danielgarciaphotography.com
I just repiped a mess of old galvanized pipes with copper and now the Hot water line is making a loud crazy knocking but only when the shower/bath faucet is on, the other faucet on the line does not cause it to knock. I need some help:confused: !
thx
(BTW, it is not "hammer") and I do not have engery saver nipples in the line)
thx in advance

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Some brands have a float in them that can flutter.

what brand is the valve. Some shower valves have built in shut offs one side may not be open all the way.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
BEFORE you take the time and effort to remove the fixture, make sure the pipes that feed it have been clipped down.
They'll rattle if they're just hanging loose.

mynewoldhouse

Reaction score
Website
www.danielgarciaphotography.com
I "clipped" all the pipes really well..that sure helped..but the water pressure in all the showers, sucks..only on the hot side, cold is great. I tried to take a look at the values in the one handled faucet...but one faucet was all enclosed and I can't get to the values. the other one I opened and the first pullout part was clean and the rubber washers were in great condition, but there was an inner plastic piece that i couldn't get out....so what do I do, why is the water pressure so low in all the hot side in the showers/bath only?

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Values?
If all your fixtures have low pressure on the hot, the trouble isn't likely each individual fixture.
Make sure the supply valve is fully open on your water heater for starters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks