Kitec plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffusa

Reaction score
Anybody have experiences with Kitec Plumbing? I am down here in Las Vegas and I have found out that the house I recently bought has this plumbing. I've been told by a lawyer that this plumbing is defective and needs to be replaced.

jeffusa

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying to figure out what to do since I can't believe I go t through the whole process of buying a house last year and nobody told me anything about this Kitec plumbing that this house has.

ckl111

Home Builder
Reaction score
Wow,

Posts like this and the others make me extremely nervous about using PEX in general at all. Although copper has its draw backs, will pex become brittle like other plastics in 25 years? How long has it really been on the market? Is it really worth the savings?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There are a few of the minor players in the field that have had problems...
Kitec, Zurn are the bigest of the problem childs...

CPI DuraPex has had some problems commented on here in a thread but as of yet no lawsuit.

Rehau has also had some problems in the Las Vegas area. It seems the agressive water conditions there could eat their way out of a glass bottle.

Wirsbo/Uphonor has been in use since the late 60's with millions and millions of feet installed without any problems.. And is by far the Big Kahuna of PEX.

mo1258

Reaction score
You might want to at least explore the cost of a repipe. There should be plenty of plumbers there who have extensive repipe experience. The perfect time to repipe is when the house is empty and needing a new interior paint job... I agree - the home inspector should have clearly indicated Kitec and the issues associated with it - over on the building inspection forums they have been posting about it for quite some time.
Good Luck to you and sorry for your situation!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks