Kitchen sink with strange fasteners?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Matt79, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Matt79

Matt79 New Member

[​IMG]
    What type of fastener does this sink take? Home Depot was no help and I can't find anything that matches it online! Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

What is that a picture of-- the underside of a sink? Are you referring to the two holes? If so, normally a faucet set would go into holes in a sink, and the fasteners would come with the faucet set.
    What is the hole diameter?
    What is the hole spacing (center to center, which is the same as the distance between left sides of the holes)?
    Are there just two such holes?

If you are referring to the little protrusions more in the foreground, you need a sharper picture that zooms in on those. I suggest that you use a digital camera, in macro mode (tulip icon) to shoot the new picture. The cell phone camera does not seem to do a good job on this.
    Matt79 likes this.
  3. Matt79

Matt79 New Member

I'll take another pic. I'm refering to the protrutions and how to fasten the sink to the countertop. I've never seen this before. Here is a close up of the protrution and then some kind of fastener attached to one of them. This sink was given to me with nothing else.

Attached Files:

4. Smooky

Smooky Member

Cut a hole in the counter, caulk around the edge of the cut and drop the sink in.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It uses a "teeter-totter" clamp. it slides through the slot. One end presses against the bottom of the counter and the bolt on the other end pushes against the sink.
    Matt79 likes this.
  6. Plumbum

Plumbum New Member

You can also use metal plumbers tape. Loop the tape through the slot and then screw the tape to inside of cabinet.

I prefer Smooky's method.