Kitchen sink with strange fasteners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt79

Reaction score
20140818_153130.jpg

What type of fastener does this sink take? Home Depot was no help and I can't find anything that matches it online! Please help!

Attachments

• 20140818_153130.jpg
    20140818_153130.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 339

Reach4

Reaction score
What is that a picture of-- the underside of a sink? Are you referring to the two holes? If so, normally a faucet set would go into holes in a sink, and the fasteners would come with the faucet set.
What is the hole diameter?
What is the hole spacing (center to center, which is the same as the distance between left sides of the holes)?
Are there just two such holes?

If you are referring to the little protrusions more in the foreground, you need a sharper picture that zooms in on those. I suggest that you use a digital camera, in macro mode (tulip icon) to shoot the new picture. The cell phone camera does not seem to do a good job on this.

Matt79

Reaction score
I'll take another pic. I'm refering to the protrutions and how to fasten the sink to the countertop. I've never seen this before. Here is a close up of the protrution and then some kind of fastener attached to one of them. This sink was given to me with nothing else.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 327

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It uses a "teeter-totter" clamp. it slides through the slot. One end presses against the bottom of the counter and the bolt on the other end pushes against the sink.

Plumbum

Reaction score
You can also use metal plumbers tape. Loop the tape through the slot and then screw the tape to inside of cabinet.

I prefer Smooky's method.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks