Kitchen sink water dripping/splashing noise

Users who are viewing this thread

jscivias

Reaction score
Hello, a newbie here. My kitchen sink drain has been making water dripping noise for a while and I can't seem to fix it. I don't think it is clogged, because it drains fairly well when i run the water. The issue is only when i turn the faucet off, and this dripping noise ensues for a long time - enough to make me slowly insane (i have an open concept kitchen and cannot simply ignore this constant and slow drip...drip... drip.. noise). i have been googling quite a bit and it seems the issue is water dropping off the drain fitting and splashing into the water in the trap. can anything be done in this situation? the dripping/splashing noise eventually goes away, but it takes a very long time.. Until I have to use the kitchen again and the drip of course starts all over again. has anyone ever had this issue? or have any suggestions on how to fix it? thank you

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Does the noise go away if you cover the drain?

If not, it could be the supply pipes (hot side) expanding and contracting with changes in temperature and rubbing against something.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks