Kitchen Sink waste and vent question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by trinculo54, Oct 11, 2005.

1. trinculo54

trinculo54 New Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully you can see the picture, anyway I am "thinking" of running a 2" waste line to the kitchen where I then need to break off a branch and reduce down to 1 1/2" to go thought the bearing 2x4s for the kitchen sink (The 2x4's need to be doubled). The run from the 2" waste/vent with the 1 1/2" will be about 28" to the trap. My question is...is this big enough and a short enough run from the vent? I will have a dishwahser and a garbage disposal on this waste line. If I cannot use 1 1/2" then can I use 1 1/2" to vent the 2" line if I come up from the bottom with 2"? I belive I can do either, but thought I would ask...thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

We cannot tell if you are planning to do it properly, from your description. But if you are, then the 1 1/2" arm is adequate and normal for that situation.