Kitchen Sink to Basement Bath Wet Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

wrench187

Reaction score
Taking a second look, I believe I understand your comment about moving the kitchen waste further downstream - this would also move the WC vent line further down stream so that I dont have to run a piece of straight pipe back over to the stud bay.

I'll mock it up and upload a new pic - thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! What does moving the kitchen waste downstream do for the system? More room to slope line below grade?
I'd like to get a cleanout in there somewhere - probably near or above the toilet space. The space to the left of the toilet will be a tiled shower.

I have run wyes rolled up to 45 on both the shower vent and WC vent. But a portion of the WC will have a slight slope but be near horizontal. I cant think of any other way to get it over to that stud bay while being upstream from the kitchen wye

I appreciate it-thanks

Moving the kitchen tie in will enable you to bring the WC vent up into the wall without the flat section. Once the vertical vent stack is at least 42" above grade, it can turn to meet the other vent in the wall.

wrench187

Reaction score
Here's a revision as cacher_chick suggested - definitely a lot better instead of coming back with a half loop. The vents will connect at 42" above floor. Then a single 2" vent and single 2" waste will go upstairs.

Attachments

• 20160905_113625.jpg
    20160905_113625.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 188
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks