Kitchen Sink Tap not working

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Pleasehekp!, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Pleasehekp!

Pleasehekp! New Member

HiHi!
    I have a bit of a deliema...every six months or so our kitchen sink tap just stops working, we turn it on and no water comes out, except a bit of dripping. We leave it in the *up on* position for a couple hours (a day or so) and it begins to drip harder until we turn it off, with force, and then turn it back on and it works. However, it has been two day, and it is not coming back on, it is dripping ever so slightly, but it wont come back on...we have the aerator (thingy) off. and we arent so handy...maybe we should just purchase a new sink tap?? Please help!
  2. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Replacing the faucet is the way to go. (As long as it is your "standard" run of the mill faucet.)
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Do you have a side sprayer?
    If you do does water come out of that?
  4. Pleasehekp!

Pleasehekp! New Member

hey - thanks for responding...yes we are in the middle of replacing it....umm, no our side sprayer has never worked for like 5 years, but does that have anything to do with the tap not working? Please respond, thanks! :confused:
  5. Are you in Switzerland?

Winnepeg?
  6. Pleasehekp!

Pleasehekp! New Member

no, not in switerland or manitoba, or wherever...umm, but does the side sprayer have something to do with anything - cause it hasnt worked for a while? Any other suggestions? Please ?:confused:
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The only answer I could give to that is a positively... Maybe!
  8. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

hey Red,
    there was a guy got pulled over by the cops. They asked him, "where you from¿" He replied, "oh here and there" Cop says, "where you going¿" Guy smiles, "maybe somewhere near, maybe somewhere far." Cop jails him and in court he asks the judge, "when am I gonna get out¿" Judge smirks, "sooner or later."
  9. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I like the way Tom Mabe asks it in the taped phone conversation that Cookie posted where a telemarketer gets pranked.

How to prank a telemarketer click here to listen.

There was a good reason for asking this question and Rugged was not being funny...
    This is an internet forum and we have no idea were you are posting from.
    In some countries the plumbing is very different from what we have in the US.
    The reason why your kitchen faucet stops flowwing could be very different if you were in the UK for instance vs. the US.
  10. My dogs sounds spanish when he sneezes, I swear!

Well I'm going to keep asking useless questions because you started a thread missing the most crucial piece of information,

the brand name of the faucet. When the word "taps" is used, it usually is somewhere outside united states, especially when mm specs are mentioned.

So.....brazil? Maybe North Shore India? How about Cleese Mountains?
  11. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

What did you do adopt the Taco Bell Chihuahua?

12. Close!

:eek: