Kitchen Sink Spray Hose Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Cullin

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a gooseneck kitchen faucet and the spray hose recently sprung a leak and. Was dripping water all over our basement. I am looking to replace the spray hose but there is a piece that I just cannot get off. I've spent about 3 hours on it and it just keeps on spinning and spinning and never comes off.

I'm hoping some of you can give me the advice on how on earth you get this connection apart. It looks nothing like the other ones in the area so I have no clue. Is this even where I should be trying to take it apart?! Please let me know. Any help will be massively appreciated. Some photos are below.

Underneath the sink and the connection:
7hPyiqH.jpg

A close up of the connection:
PCi73dJ.jpg

The faucet itself:
Yi1BKuO.jpg

What I bought to replace the hose with:
KH64YyK.jpg

The replacement hose attaches to the sprayer just fine so, so far I'm optimistic as to whether the hose will work or not.

Thanks,
Cullin

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The white stuff looks like thread seal tape. I think it unscrews there. Have you tried to unscrew it yet?

Cullin

Reaction score
The white stuff looks like thread seal tape. I think it unscrews there. Have you tried to unscrew it yet?

Hi Smooky,

I have! It just keeps turning and turning and turning never making any progress. :/

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Looks like you used a pliers or something to beat the crap out of the white plastic piece. The reason it doesn't "spin" out is because it's a snap-on connector. If you haven't destroyed it, push the plastic piece towards the metal, push the hose in a little to loosen, and it should just pull out.

Cullin

Reaction score
Looks like you used a pliers or something to beat the crap out of the white plastic piece. The reason it doesn't "spin" out is because it's a snap-on connector. If you haven't destroyed it, push the plastic piece towards the metal, push the hose in a little to loosen, and it should just pull out.

I definitely did beat the crap out of it... Uh oh. Any advice if it is destroyed? I'm not sure it is but just incase.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks