Kitchen Sink not draining

Users who are viewing this thread

Gianfranco Bianchi

Reaction score
Good morning,

My kitchen sink clogged and at first I tried draino then I removed the PVC pipes and cleaned them all and snaked the pipes in the wall. When I pour water in the pipes as if they were under the sink (to make sure they are doing their job) everything drains. When I put water directly into the wall everything drains perfect but as soon as I connect everything it all gets clogged up again.

Am I doing something wrong or is my p-drain maybe damaged?

Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
With the p-trap in place, when you pour water into the sink, how much water does it take to back up after things have sat overnight?

How long does it take for the water to recede?

Am I doing something wrong or is my p-drain maybe damaged?
Stuff a wad of paper towel through the p-trap and trap arm when those are totally disconnected. If you cannot do that, replace the p-trap assembly.

Gianfranco Bianchi

Reaction score
With the p-trap in place, when you pour water into the sink, how much water does it take to back up after things have sat overnight?

How long does it take for the water to recede?

Stuff a wad of paper towel through the p-trap and trap arm when those are totally disconnected. If you cannot do that, replace the p-trap assembly.

Hello so it takes about 20 minutes to receed and I would say 3/4 gallon and then the water starts coming back out. Also, the paper goes through the p trap

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you have a partial clog. It is likely to be where the pipe in the wall switches from down vertical to horizontal. You should get that snaked with a big enough snake to kill the clog. A smaller snake tool can just poke thru and leave a small hole in the clog.

Reach4

Reaction score
Expect the clog to be about 7 feet (less than 10 ft) along the path, counting the trap and trap arm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks