kitchen sink gurgling

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ddurand, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ddurand

ddurand New Member

If I run water from the kitchen faucet down the sink all is well. But If I fill a large pot with water and dump that into the kitchen sink, I hear some gurgling as the last of the water leaves the sink and drain. Is this normal or a sign or a vent or drain problem. The water seems to go down the drain at the proper rate.
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

It sounds like you may have a partial drain blockage or a vent problem. When you dump a large amount of water the water backs up and forces air out the trap and makes the sound. Call a plumber to snake it B 4 it totaly backs up.