Kitchen sink drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Time1992, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Time1992

Time1992 New Member

I am installing a new sink in an older house, I read on this board about a problem with a new deep sink and the drain in the wall being too high for drainage for dishwasher, disposal etc. What would be a safe drop distance from the bottom of sink to drain pipe to accomadate DW, DISP. etc. Thanks
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Drains should have a slope of 1/4" per linear foot. However, for practical purposes, the short distance that a sink drain has to go, level or slightly less than level is enough. Just make sure you are not try to make water run up hill.