Kitchen Sink drain needs to lower; could I swap drain with stand tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

B Rad

Reaction score
Good day!

Looking for some help. I honestly have tried to have plumbers come out and do this but no luck where I live.

I am doing a kitchen remodel and the new sink sits 3 inches lower. The current drain disposal height is just at the drain wall level so it needs to be lowered.

I figure these are my options:
-Switch the stand tube and the drain? (This will lower the drain 4+ inches and have least amount of work question is if this is okay to have the vent and stuff above the drain instead of below wherever they meet up at?
-Use only the current stand tube and put a splitter that one end goes to stand tube and other goes to drain?
-Tear some of the wall up to find where these pipes meet the vertical tube and then add a split for a new drain or stand pipe?
20160509_084832.jpg

Cheers!

B Rad

Reaction score
The house is on a septic tank and has been moved. I am thinking it was originally installed not for dishwasher but for whatever else a stand tube is used for like a vent.

B Rad

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I included some more pictures.

That is a great way to install the dishwasher. I just feel that someone went out of there way to install the stand tube so maybe it is there for a reason (vent or not sure what else) I don't know about eliminating or even effects of making it above the drain. Where the drain and stand tube enter the wall it has an elbow that turns pipes horzintal, I assume it meets a vertical pipe downwards somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20160514_111931.jpg
    20160514_111931.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 307
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks