Kitchen sink disposer plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

drew53813

Reaction score
My mom is having a very annoying problem with her kitchen sink. When she turns on the garbage disposal, water shoots up the other side. I installed a baffle T and the problem is still occurring. Should I 90 off the disposal into a trap and connect the sink to the tail piece? Thanks- Andrew

drew53813

Reaction score
Here is the picture. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 249

drew53813

Reaction score
Hj- it is indeed a baffle tee. I know because I installed it. So given the picture with the scenario I painted, what is your best opinion as to why this is happening?

drew53813

Reaction score
So an update on this problem. I ended up spending an hour snaking out the line, snaking the vent, and inspecting the trap and assoc pieces. Seems there was no clog. I have two questions. 1. Is the baffle tee to high? Should I lower it or switch the trap onto the disposer side? 2. Do they make different types of baffle tees? Maybe one with a deeper divider piece? Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You baffle tee is in the correct postion.
It all looks good, and should work. That's exactly how we install them.

You could use a wye from the wall and two p-traps.

sink_dw_hot.jpg

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If you pour a few of gallons of water into the trapped sink, it should drain quickly. If it stays in the basin for more than a few seconds, you need to work on clearing the drain line further.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks