kitchen sink cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Oneredrocker

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello,
I believe I need to change the cartridge inside of my wide spaced kitchen faucet that is leaking up towards the top. I for the life of me can't find the paperwork for the make and model and it's been over 15 years. I want to say Moen, but…attached is a picture of the faucet.
Can anyone tell from the look what the make might be? I have no plumbing experience and I know I will have to take the faucet apart to get to the cartridge, which means I will have to turn off the water to the house as there is not a shut off valve for the sink. I don't want to be without water any longer than I have to so hoping I can have information to take to the plumbing supply store.
Thanks for any input. IMG_2263.jpgIMG_2265.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the brand of the faucet, but it seems odd that there is no shutoff (actually, "are no shutoffs" -- there should be a hot and a cold directly under the sink) for your kitchen sink.

Suggestion: while you have the water off, put in some shutoffs. They aren't expensive, and they shouldn't be hard to install. But, of course, your mileage may vary. All of this should be quick work for any decent plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks