Kitchen Final Inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

swanienufan

Reaction score
I'm almost ready for my final kitchen ispection and had a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. Under my sink I have 2" pipe coming into the cabinet with a 2" trap. After the trap, the pipe is reduced to 1 1/2" where it goes into a "T" and then onto the garbage disposal on one side and the other sink bowl on the other. Does this set-up sound like I'm on the right track?

2. Should the refrigerator be connected to the water outlet or will the inspector just want to see the water outlet?

Thanks for the help.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Coach606

Reaction score
Interesting...

You should see what I found under my sink. I'm curious what the pros will say about your setup as it is much simpler and easy to maneuver around than mine. I'm just wondering if that "T" can somehow disrupt flow from the disposal, but it doesn't seem likely.

If it works, nice job. I should post a picture of mine. It's nearly impossible to access anything because of the way pipes are sticking everywhere. I always thought it had to be like that. If this works, I'll think about redoing it. Had to remove the p-trap for a clog a few weeks back and I practically had to disclocate my shoulder around all these drainpipes just to reach the slipnuts.

I'd consider a p-trap with a cleanout. Garbage disposal clogs are somewhat common in mine and they're nasty. I wish I had a little cleanout on mine.

Good luck.

Prashster

Reaction score
Sorry to chime in here; sure a pro will have the proper opinion, but that tee looks like a vent tee. Looks like there's a risk of either the sink or disposal backing up into the other. I suspect you have to have the right sink drain going straight down to the trap. The disposal might have to merge w/ that drain on the vertical portion via a wye or a sanitary tee.

The 1.5" going to 2", though, is not an issue in my town. Round here, ok to go from smaller to larger in direc of drain.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
sink_dw.jpg

I prefer to have a "baffel" tee on the vertical and a pipe straight out of the disposer.
Most plumbers would throw away the 90 bend that comes with the disposer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks