Kitchen Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

jwelfeld

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been looking at the MOEN Aberdeen (7590SL) line of faucets and the Delta waterfall (474-ss) line of faucets, These are both close to $300 range and I was wodering if there are any opinions about these faucets, I normally looked at these companies as building a "cheaper" faucet, (not that this is a really high price for a faucet, but it is for me) If no opinion on these I was wondering or if anyone has a suggerstion about a quality pullout faucet ? Do they last ?

Thanks,

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know where you got the negative impression about Moen and Delta.

You will find post after post on these forums from people who bought very expensive "calvin klein" brand faucets from design houses, only to find that parts were never going to be available, or at best a 6 week special order for parts and 2 trip charges from the plumber.

Most of us here seem to be sort of traditionalist, and that is not everyone's style. But a faucet is an investment for many years, and good reliable brands like Moen and Delta have been around for years, and will be for years to come. Most plumbers have parts on the truck.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
It's true that we more aften have stems/cartridges handy for Delta, moen (I keep them on my truck)...but if you want higher end at the price you stated, I personally say go with Kohler, Gerber, Grohe or Rohl.
Every manufacturer has good points and bad, Delta and Moen specialize in "production line" reliability and easy installation, though they do make higher end faucets.
Kohler, for example, has always made a more solid faucet, it's their "schtick".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks