Kitchen faucet search - resources?

Users who are viewing this thread

David Emerson

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace an aging (rusty, squeaking, ugly) kitchen faucet.
I have what I thought were a few simple criteria, but I've been searching for hours and days, and have been unable to find something suitable.
Here are the criteria:
- 1 hole installation, "deck mount" (not wall mount)
- standard one-handed control
- standard threaded spout, no pull-down or pull-out
- at least 10" reach (from installation hole to spout)
- at least 7" spout height (from bottom of spout to countertop)

I've looked at dozens of websites, hundreds of faucets, dozens of spec sheets-- and it seems like either what I'm looking for is very uncommon, or I'm looking in the wrong places. Part of the difficulty is that none of the websites I've encountered provide an effective way to search/filter for standard threaded spout, spout reach, and spout height (I have seen websites where it could be specified but the results were bogus)

Any ideas of where I should be searching, or what I should be doing differently?

Thanks very much!
~David.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Search some more, there is a faucet for you out there.

If websites don't have what you need, visit showrooms, plumbing supply outlets, hardware stores, designers and kitchen & bath remodelers.

David Emerson

Reaction score
Search some more, there is a faucet for you out there.

If websites don't have what you need, visit showrooms, plumbing supply outlets, hardware stores, designers and kitchen & bath remodelers.

Thank you-- I will find some places other than home depot, hit the pavement some more, and keep looking.

David Emerson

Reaction score
Almost EVERY company makes what you are looking for. Pfister, for example, has many designs that should work.

@hj, Thank You, that is encouraging!

I looked through Pfister's website, and could not find one single faucet that met my criteria. Could you perhaps link one? Or recommend a place I can find one? Maybe the web is not the place to be looking? I still intend to look in all those good places that dj2 recommended.

(On Pfister's site, I filtered by 1 hole and 1 handle, and out of 51 results I see only 3 standard faucets that are not pull-down/pull-out: Marielle, Solo, and Portland; and all of them have reach less than 10". Only Solo, with a very short reach of 8.5", has a spout height over 5")

I also looked through the websites of American Standard, Delta, Kohler, Moen, Pioneer, and Premier, and a few others; as well as Home Depot and Lowe's and several online-only stores, and in person at my local Home Depot brick-and-mortar.

Reach4

Reaction score
Unusual one:
http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_Id=A3608/11LMIB-2
thumb.php

David Emerson

Reaction score
Ok, ah, wow, thanks for coming up with something! I should have mentioned that I definitely want to spend less than $200... really looking for something basic. But I didn't mention that earlier, so thanks indeed for finding something! So I know that such things exist.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks