Kitchen Faucet Pull-Out Hose Won't Retract

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by BJH, Apr 18, 2011.

1. BJH

BJH New Member

My plumber is installing a Hansgrohe 04076000 Allegro E Single Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet. I had a previous Hansgrohe and it worked fine but on this one it is difficult to pull the hose out and it doesn't retract on its own--I have to use 2 hands to stuff it back! The weight is already at the bottom of the loop and it isn't catching on anything else. The plumber says that the faucet has a plastic piece at the bottom (underneath the sink) that is channeling the hose and that it could be the hose design. He said it's the first time he's ever seen this. He might be able to remove the plastic... does anyone know if this is what is causing the problem and if removing it might fix it?

hg_4076000.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Hansgrohe seems to indicate that a problem is usually caused by the hose being twisted or the weight being in the wrong place?
  3. BJH

BJH New Member

Yes, I emailed them and that was their response. However, the plumber found a black piece of plastic that was inserted in the bottom of the faucet to "channel" the hose and hold the lines. It is cut inside like a four-leaf clover with large/small sections. (I have a photo but no URL for it. Happy to email it to anyone who wants to see it). The hose was squeezed into one of the smaller "clover" sections and because everything was so tight he couldn't maneuver it into a larger section. So, he broke off the plastic piece and the faucet pulls out and retracts smoothly. I replied to their tech person with the photo and solution. It's a very strange "design" to me, but what do I know -- I'm just a homeowner who wants a working faucet! :)

Thanks for the forum. It's great to know there's a place to go when there is a problem like this.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Without a picture we have no idea if the faucet had been installed correctly or not.