Kitchen faucet - left to right reversal of spray

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Optiker, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Optiker

Optiker New Member

I bought a Moen kitchen faucet, model 87484SL which has the spray on the left, without thinking about it. I haven't opened it yet, so can still return it, but would prefer the spray on the right, and wondered if it can just be rotated 180-degrees for installation, but still have the spout face towards the front.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Moen has the worst instruction sheets. That base plate is independent of the spout.....you can put the sprayer wherever you want it.
  3. Optiker

Optiker New Member

Jimbo...

Thanks! Just what I needed to know. Agree on your comment on instructions sheets. I haven't opened it yet, but went out online to their site to try to find out about reversal, and assuming the instructions sheets are the same as in the box, not terribly helpful.

Have a good one!
    Chuck
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Faucets come with instructions?
    I thought they came with a bunch of papers you give the customer when you're done....:D

Real men don't need instructions or, maps. LOL
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

I have ever seen an integral spray hose on the left. Maybe they reversed the pictures when they printed them.
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Left would be handy if the primary user was left-handed, though, or those extra 6-8" made it easier to get to a side sink or other area needing spray.
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Well I guess it becomes the first for both of us!
    The L in the part number must mean for southpaws only.

[​IMG]

The escutcheon is probably easily reversible as as Jimbo stated. Hopefully they did not create any complex indexing on it that limits position. Even if they did its still doable just more work cause you'd have to reverse the handle then.